Monday, October 5, 2015

Dear Son,
I pray you will be strong and gentle,
That your greatest battles will be with your mind and heart,
And your fiercest weapons are hope and love.
Be a warrior my son, and don't be afraid of anger and pain,
They are the bedfellows of justice and understanding.
Woo kindness and mercy,
For they will bless you with greater riches
Than the pursuit of prosperity and luck.
I pray you find love.
But while you look, remember, love is not a person,
It is an art to be honed and practiced in all recesses of the world.
I pray you will think deeply, love deeply, dream deeply.
But when the day comes that your dreams are crushed
When your picture of love is indistinguishable,
When your thoughts become jumbled and unruly;
When darkness falls and you're blind from fear,
When you've misplaced your sword
I will still lay my head next to yours
And softly kiss your brow,
I will pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment