Monday, May 18, 2009

Horses



This is what I'm most excited about on the farm. I'm up in Vermont on the Doane farm. I'm hoping the summer will be full of hard work and horseback riding. So far, however, it's been full of unpacking. That is almost finished and the first day is almost over. I am hungry. I think just being here makes me hungry. Rolling hills, green everything; it's delightful. Cameron and I just went on a walk to take some pictures. The first one is (left to right) Cameron, "Shadow" Royal, and Miss Ginger. We groomed them last night, and hopefully will be tonight as well. I'm still a little shy around them but I can't wait to make friends and go riding. The bottom picture is of Sunday Brook, about a 1/4 mile from the house. It's beautiful. There's a bridge right over the waterfall and very steep banks all around the brook. The climb down to where I took the picture was a little rough for this flat-lander but I'll get used to it soon. Cameron says there are about six other streams on the property. I can't wait to explore more. Though, I should get some better foot wear first. The fields are all mud yet. In the mean time; I will finish unpacking, do some laundry, and make myself at home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment