Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Canning Room

Washing maple syrup off a ceiling is surprisingly easier then I had imagined. I personally try not to get syrup on anything, especially not a ceiling but then I have neither kids nor a maple syrup canning room. I haven't seen the canning process yet so I'm still not sure how they got the syrup specks up there, but they're all but gone with a bit of hot water and a sponge mop. See the difference in the streak of white between the splats? The Doanes sell syrup from their maple grove in gallon jugs like these.

I found these labels in there as well, they go on the smaller containers. I've seen tin cans, maple leaf shaped bottles, pitchers. The syrup in the house is in small glass vials. I might post a picture of those. For now I must go wash my elbows; they're sticky from syrup water and gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment