Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Up on the Roof Tops

Today Cameron and I went up to Morisville in Lamoille County. We drove through Johnson and Ithial Falls where there’s a cute camp we may be working at for a week or so. They are nice little towns but more importantly, they’re connected by gorgeous mountain roads boarded by woods, and streams, and sprawling pastures. I couldn’t believe I forgot my camera. I’ll have to bring it next time. We went up there to help a contractor friend of Cameron’s with roofing a house. Cameron and I spent most of our time lugging plywood and shingles. Shingles are so heavy! The new ones were in 90lb packages. I tried lifting them but couldn’t and it had just rained so the guys were leery about having me on the roof. I was grateful. Instead I hulled several wheelbarrow loads of old shingles from one side of the house to the dumpster on the other side. We’ll probably be doing more work for the same guy day after tomorrow. I’ll make sure to bring my camera. Tomorrow I’m gonna trail Mr. Doane around the farm and see what he does more. I’ll make sure to put up pictures of that, probably more cows and horses. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment