Sunday, April 23, 2017

Veil

My soul is wrapped in layers of gauze. 
Sunlight now filters through dimly, 
Bringing hope to healing's desperate cause. 
The layers are unraveling slowly. 
The plaster encasing already washed clean, 
I am whole! I am pure! I resonate sweetly. 
Yet, I am unseen. 
Still hidden in my gauzing, 
Skin itching in the healing unknown. 
I hear His voice calling,
He shows me new things everyday.
Each layer of gauze around me unwrapping.
Look to Me, I hear my Master say
See My nails, My blood, My cross. 
Here, at y feet, your burdens lay. 
My former self lays at the cross.
Amazed, I hear the Master call my name;
He anoints me with an alabaster grace. 
Unwinding gauze removes my shame
I am stunned as He unveils my own beauty,
That radiant kindness could come from such pain!
I kneel with overwhelmed humility
That this man could love one such as I!
My heart and knees tremble in my frailty. 
He takes my hand and bids me rise,
As He lifts the final veil
To kiss his Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment